Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us
Come on and we'll try, one last time
I'm off the floor one more time to find you
And here we go there's nothing left to choose
And here we go there's nothing left to lose
I was listening to Matt Kearney's Nothing left to Lose. really beautiful song.
Regarding the title, what does Christmas really mean to me?
I'm a Hindu but am part of true rojak family that is scarily HUGE. So religion is never a matter. We celebrate everything. Chinese New Year, Raya, Deepavali, Christmas. lol. very Malaysian, one way to look at it. So usually Christmas is just like any other family function. We get together, the men are out drinking and contemplating philosophies, the women are in complaining about the men that are contemplating phlosophies.
The kids below 12 are busy playing make believe or hide and seek or watching some Disney Movie. The older kids are either taking care of the lil kids or just sitting on a couch together waiting for food to be served and hogging the AV rooms (i realised all my uncles got some sort of AV room). It's the same every year. As dysfunctional it sounds, i'm glad i've had that since i was born. that i was actually exposed to all of this. I actually do feel that warmth during gatherings such as these. It's like i know i have this part of me always.
Christmas time has always been about family for me and always would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment